The reasons why people do Judo are as varied as the many benefits obtained by doing Judo!
Judo can be a life-long activity, done socially, for recreation, fitness, or competitively at levels appropriate to your age, size, and ability.
The whole family can be involved, and it tends to become a generationally shared experience!
In addition to meeting new people and learning new skills, Judo is;
- safe (no striking, and learning to fall safely is a core skill)
- for everyone (it is scalable to all ages, shapes, sizes, and ability levels)
- ideal for developing “physical literacy” (learning fundamental, functional movement skills)
- social (you can’t learn Judo by yourself!)
- an effective way to improve “whole body” fitness
- a great method of “cross-training”
- a means to develop self-confidence and self-esteem
- life long learning and progress
- a means of developing mutual welfare and benefit
- practiced world-wide
- supported and regulated at a national and international level